Tuesday I saw my ex boyfriend again. I don’t know if it was a good idea, but we had a lot of fun so well, we’ll see what happens …
In short, we had a picnic. For this occasion I had made Bagels and I must say that for an improvisation, I did pretty well. Do you want the recipe ?
Well let’s go for the best Bagels of your life!
What? Me, exaggerating? never ! It’s not my type.
Well, maybe I’m not very objective, so I’ll let you judge on the spot.
For 8 soft and golden bagels (I have planned the rest for my breakfasts):
- 200 ml of hot water
- 1 sachet of instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 60 ml of honey
- 600g of flour
- 250 ml of water + 60 ml of malted barley syrup or honey
- Sesame seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the water with the yeast, sugar and salt until dissolved.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, oil and honey. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour to form a dough while stirring constantly. Knead for about ten minutes and add a little more flour if you see that the dough sticks.
- Cover for 15 minutes.
- Bring out the air by lightly kneading the dough by hand and divide into 8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ring.
- Cover with a clean towel and leave for a good 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
- Boil 1 cup of water with 1/4 cup of malted barley syrup or honey.
- Boil each bagel for 30 seconds in the mixture. Remove excess water and cover with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
A little idea for a simple garnish:
In a bowl, mix 8 large tablespoon of cream cheese, with 4 teaspoons of curry, 2 teaspoons of strong mustard and 4 teaspoons of honey.
Spread your bagels with your preparation;
Add slices of roast chicken or pan-fried cutlets and avocado slices!