Today I spent the day with Grand Ma where she told me about her desire to write a fantasy novel with me, her heroine being deaf. I thought the idea was great and so we spent the day in front of the fireplace working out the basics of this universe. Maybe I’ll post some preparatory sketches here (please be kind to my drawing skills! ^^ ’).
At one point it was time to eat and we wanted to eat something exotic. It was a bit late for shopping so we made do with what was in the house. We started with an Indian dish, Aloo Palak, which is a dish made up of spinach and potatoes, but we spiced it up a bit by adding carrots and parsnip.
Here is the result:
To accompany all this we made Chapati breads (I put the recipe at the end of the article), and for the meat, a leftover roast chicken, but it would go very well with fish or smoked sausages for example.
- 3 Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 350 g of baby spinach
- 400 g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 1 Green pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 C. cumin seed
- 1 C. coffee Turmeric
- 1 C. cilantro powder
- 2 tsp. Coffee Curry
- Vegetable oil
- Peel and cut the potatoes, carrots and parsnip into cubes. Rinse the spinach leaves. Peel and finely slice the onions. Wash, seed and cut the green pepper into pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat a little oil in a sauté pan. Add the cumin seeds, garlic, chili and onion. Mix over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and the diced tomato, mix. Wet with a little water. Leave to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the diced vegetables and the spinach leaves, salt, mix. Cover and cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For the chapati buns, you will need:
- 400g flour
- 2 Greek yogurts
- 1 C. cumin seed
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth and slightly sticky dough.
- Separate your dough into 6 equal parts
- Crush them with the palm of your hand or with a rolling pin to obtain patties about 0.5 cm thick.
- Cook them 2/3 minutes on each side in a pan, without fat.
I hope you will enjoy this dish as we did!
Take care of yourself and your loved ones and see you soon!