Sunday I have a family meal. We meet because my sister who lives all year abroad comes to visit us (I can’t wait). For this occasion I decided to cook French. I know that French cuisine has an image of refined and sometimes complicated cuisine, but I intend to counter this preconceived idea with this recipe.
Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic:
- A 1.5kg chicken bridle, gutted and of course plucked
- 40 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cider
- 1 cup white wine (250ml)
- Place the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the chicken in a large casserole. Rub the chicken with the vinegar. Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the chicken. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place the garlic cloves around the chicken and add the wine. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Remove the lid. Baste the chicken with the cooking juices. Continue cooking uncovered for 45 minutes or until the chair easily detaches from the bone and the chicken is golden brown. (If you don’t have much time, you can oil and butter a pressure cooker and cook your chicken in it for 15 minutes and it’s ready.)
Personally, I will serve my dish with slices of toasted country bread to spread on the cooked garlic, a green salad and mashed potatoes
I hope you enjoy this little recipe as much as we do! Take care of yourself and your loved ones and see you soon!