Today I went to a vernissage for the exhibition of the mother of one of my friends who is a painter. it’s a little stuffy and it’s not with petit fours that we eat so I made us burgers with what I had in the fridge and here is the result! These can also be eaten cold if you want to take them to work or for a picnic.
CHICKEN BURGER PATTIES:
- 500g ground chicken (mince)
- 250g panko breadcrumbs, 1 egg
- 75g parmesan finely grated,
- green onion finely sliced (~2 stems)
- 2 garlic cloves minced,
- 1/2 tsp dried sage,
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper , each
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- 4 soft burger buns or brioche buns,
- 1 avocado (big!) (or 2 medium)
- 60g /rocket / arugula or other lettuce,
- 2 tomatoes sliced,
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or other cheese)
- Mayonnaise, relish, ketchup or tomato sauce (to smear lid)
- Mix Pattie ingredients in bowl, form 4 patties, 1.5cm / 3/5″ thick, slightly larger than the buns (shrinks slightly). If mixture is super sticky, either refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes, or wet hands or lightly spray hands with oil (I do this).
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat, cook 2 min until deep golden, then flip. After 1 min, top with a piece of cheese and place lid on to melt.
- ASSEMBLE: Split buns and lightly toast, smoosh a generous amount of avo on bun base, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with Chicken Pattie, then rocket/arugula and tomato. Smear the top bun with mayonnaise (or relish, ketchup, other condiment of choice) and place lid on bun.
2 thoughts on “Chicken Avocado Burger”
If you do this to us at the barracks, you’ll become everyone’s darling!
Coud be interesting maybe I’ll do it!
LikeLiked by 1 person