Today, we have planned a cinema afternoon to watch Asian films. For the occasion, I cooked a Thai Curry for my friends and also to celebrate my move to Priya.
The recipe is simple and very tasty, I will gladly share it with you.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (be careful it can be hot)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste in a tube or finely chopped lemongrass.
- 3 or 4 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless), cut into bite-sized cubes (chicken breasts are fine too)
- 250ml chicken stock
- 400 ml of coconut milk (or 250 of 12% fat fresh cream)
- 150g diced squash (not liking squash, I substituted 300g potato and 100g carrot)
- 120g green beans
- 12 leaves of Thai basilicas
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce (nuoc man for example)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Let simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the broth, stir and reduce by half. Add coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce and chicken. (Add potatoes and carrots if you don’t want squash)
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the squash and the beans and we are off again for 10min of cooking.
- Add a handful of Thai basil leaf and serve with garnish
Garnish (recommended): slices of fresh red pepper, cilantro leaves and jasmine rice for a traditional version.
My recommendation: It’s a little less traditional but personally I really like to accompany this dish with couscous semolina.