This afternoon, I eat with dad and my grandparents. In the program I prepared a roast chicken and to accompany it instead of the traditional mashed potato I planned this little side dish.
Zucchini, Corn and Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned or roasted
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, or more
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, corn, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes;
- seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones and see you soon!