Today, with the arrival of sunny days and the desire to get together with friends, I have a salty Zeppole recipe for you for an aperitif, but in my own way. Normally Zeppoles are a kind of salty or sweet Italian donut. My secret to making my donuts tasty is the potato.
- 500g potato
- 2 eggs
- 7g of dry yeast
- 80ml of milk
- 500g flour
- Anchovies or pitted olives for the stuffing
- frying oil
- Boil the potatoes and mash them once cooled
- Add the eggs, yeast, milk, salt and flour.
- Knead until you obtain a smooth dough (the more the dough is moist, the softer the Zeppoles will be) it’s up to you to add milk or flour to obtain the desired consistency.
- Cover with a tea towel and let it rest for 2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Stuff them with anchovies, olives or both (or whatever you want I also do with slices of sausage with herbs) then fry them in the deep fryer for 3 to 4 min.
Enjoy your meal.