With the arrival of autumn and the bad days, I wanted to present you a cuddly recipe for myself. My grandpa made it to me when my spirits were low, when I was a child. It’s also a dish that I often make when I eat with my friends, in short I think now it’s time to share it with you! I hope you’ll like it.
- 1.5 kg of rabbit legs
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 white beer (yeah, we cook everything with beer in Denmark!)
- 2 onions
- 1 L of vegetable broth (beef or chicken)
- 8 medium sized potatoes
- 2 parsnips
- 3 carrots
- Some crushed chestnuts (optional)
- 100 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a casserole dish. Brown the rabbit on all its sides.
- Add the mustard, salt, 3 crushed garlic cloves and onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and cover with the broth, add the pepper and cook for an hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables into mirepoix (in very small cubes).
- Brown them and brown them in the rest of the butter with a little oil for 5 min.
- Add the honey and garlic left over from the garlic press.
- Finally, stir up with the broth from the rabbit and cook for 20 min.
Enjoy your meal!