It’s been a while since I last shared traditional recipes from my home. In Denmark we eat a lot of croquettes, whether they are with vegetables, meat or fish, we eat them all the time.
Today I offer you my recipe for Fiskefrikadellers (fish croquettes in Danish).
For the Fiskefrikadeller (for 4 people):
• 500 gr of cod
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp of maizena
• 2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
• 1, 5 dl of fresh cream with 9% fat
• the zest of a lemon
• fresh dill
• 30 gr of butter
For the remoulade:
• 2 carrots
• 6 pickles (replaced by capers in my kitchen)
• 1 apple
• 2 cases. mayonnaise
• 2 cases. Greek yogurt
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 1/4 tsp curry
• 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cut the cod into large cubes, pour into the food processor bowl with all the other ingredients (except the dill), mix to obtain a homogeneous filling, add the chopped dill last (if you mix it, you will be croquettes a little green) Salt and pepper. You can also use the bowl of your Blender.
- Heat a pan with the butter and place the croquettes. You can make them with a tablespoon or use small pastry circles that you place in the pan to give a rounder shape to your croquettes. Cook over low heat so that they are golden brown then turn them delicately.
- Peel and grate the carrots, add the pickles (or 1 tsp capers). Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, curry, lemon juice in a bowl with a fork. Incorporate this mixture into the vegetables. Grate the apple without removing the skin and add it to the remoulade. Salt and pepper.
- Serve the fiskefrikadeller with the remoulade, chopped dill and steamed new potatoes.
I hope you’ll like it!