Sorry guys, I have the best grandparents in the world!
This weekend, I wasn’t in high spirits, so Saturday grandpa asked one of his friends, Jørgen, with whom he had done military service, if we could come to his house.
We went Grandpa, my Grandmas and I, from Copenhagen to Aalborg, about 4 hours away. And there, surprise Jørgen has a minigolf.
We had fun like crazy.
The next day to thank Jørgen we decided my Grandmothers and I to make him a good meal.
Here is our little recipe for a simple and cheap Garam Massala Curry.
The ingredients (for 4 to 5 peoples):
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- 4 tablespoons garam massala powder
- 3 tablespoons of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 or 3 pinches of coriander leaves
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 plain yogurts
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of chilli, depending on your taste or suicidal tendencies (optional)
- the juice of a lime
- First, we will slice the onions, the and squeeze the garlic. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size cubes, cut the tomatoes into small cubes like the potatoes.
- It’s time to heat a pan with ideally ghee (Indian clarified butter) but if not, a little oil (any cooking oil) will do the trick. Once the oil is hot, fry the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add the spices (massala powder, turmecic and cumin) to roast them and bring out the tastes. After a few seconds, the chicken is slowly cooked.
- When it is no longer white, add the tomatoes and potatoes.
Once the tomatoes have made their water we add the yogurt, it only remains to simmer until the potatoes become tender
- When serving, add the juice of a limeand the coriander leaves. Accompany it with a little rice and I am sure that your guests will be delighted!
Enjoy your meal !
I use a recipe of french youtuber I like a lot when he talk about hisrory. He just open a cooking channel on youtube “Top Sheik”:
For the french speacking who doesnt know his main channel “Histoire Brève”: